Saturday, August 11, 2012

Everything has a Beginning!

 
I don't remember how young I was, but I do know my first dessert was a cheesecake.  I was hooked from the start!  I love baking.  I love taking simple ingredients & transforming them into something wonderful.  I love decorating!  I enjoy the feeling of meeting & exceeding the expectations of my clients.


My very kind friends and family have been telling me for years that I should open a bakery.  Still, they love me, &  It's hard to trust the very biased opinion of someone who loves me.  I began to ask my friends & family to spread the word about my Delicious Desserts.  I still remember the very first "paying client!"  

As word spread, my client base grew & so did my confidence.  My husband has been my biggest cheerleader.  He encourages me.  More importantly, he believes in me!  In December of 2011, my husband expressed to me that it is time to get serious.  "No more free cakes!"  He told me it was time to start treating this like a business.  That was the real start of Delicious Desserts.

We are still very small.  I still bake right here in my home (thanks to the SC Cottage Law).  I've added a large fridge, a full set of square & round wedding cake pans, & even an airbrush machine!  Our dream is to build our customer base to a point we can safely expand to a commercial building.  In the meantime, there are more Delicious Desserts to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment