Saturday, August 11, 2012

Almost anything can be fixed!


 First let me say that I know that this client will not at all mind that I share her story with you.  This cake was designed for a Christening.  All seemed to go very well.  I delivered & set the cake in place and went about the rest of my day.  Then the client called.

She explained that there had been a small accident.  She had left the room, only for a moment.  With it, she left her 3 boxers!  When she returned, she discovered one of the dogs had licked the cake.  No problem.  I can repair a small lick.

My husband had just left, & I had the baby all to myself.  Expecting a small repair, I told her to bring it on over.  Imagine my horror & surprise when I saw the damage!  I remained calm, took a deep breath, & set to work.  Thank you Joe Scruggs!  His DVD managed to distract the baby long enough for me to repair the parts that required 2 hands.
Not quite as perfect, but I don't think many people would notice a difference.

Yes, the client did inform her guests of the tale.  She also cut pieces from the undamaged area of the cake.

Luckily, almost anything can be fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment