Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bud Light


Bud Light!

This was my very first ever "paid" groom's cake.  The bride requested a case of Bud Light.  

I must admit that we don't drink Bud Light, & I really had no idea what the case looked like.  So, I went to Publix & purchased a case.  I needed it not only for reference of the look but also for dimensions!

So, how do you make a case of Bud Light?


This is 2 layers of Chocolate cake.  I have crumb coated them & added dowels for support.


I then added the additional two layers of chocolate cake.
(special note to decorators...next time, I will put the supports closer to the end to prevent sagging)


I double checked the dimensions to ensure accuracy!

Then, I covered the cake with fondant & began the decorating.


I cut out the letters & logo & began hand painting the details.  
It's hard to see, but I even used Silver Luster Dust for the shading of the letters.


I repeated the same steps for the top.

As I was completing the top of this cake, delivery drivers arrived with the NEW refrigerator!!  I was so happy & excited to see them.  I had been anxiously awaiting their arrival.  The cake was on the table next to various paint brushes, food coloring, etc.  It never, even for a second, occurred to me that it could be damaged.  I gestured toward the cake as I said, "You are just in time!  I can put the cake in my new fridge!" I kind of thought I was making it clear that this was a cake.  Apparently not.

Instead of handing the paperwork to me personally, the driver PUT THEM ON TOP OF THE CAKE!!! Are you kidding me?!!  I did not scream.  I remember hearing myself suck in breath.  I did say, through clenched teeth, for nobody to move.  Now, I can take it as a compliment.  They didn't notice it was Cake!  They though it was real!


Both the Bride & Groom arrived to pick up the cake.  What was I gonna do with a case of Bud Light?
I gave it to them, of course!
The only thing better than a case of beer Cake is a case of beer to go with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment