Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cake Central Magazine

I'm Published!

One day, completely out of the blue, I received an email from the publishers of Cake Central Magazine.  I couldn't believe it!  They were truly interested in my work!  I honestly, truly jumped up & down.  Then, I realized the deadline.  Who makes a deadline in the middle of wedding season?!!  I really didn't think I would have the time to do it, but was truly honored they asked.

As time grew shorter, the opportunity kept calling my name.  How could I pass on something so big?  The answer was that I couldn't.  I set to work.


The inspiration for the issue was the color blue, the color purple, & frames.

Thankfully, my neighbor, Brandy Seyller, is very talented in photography.


She helped me capture a few wonderful shots to submit to the magazine.

It really wasn't my best work.  I never imagined I would be among those chosen.  I swallowed hard, held my chin high, & chalked it up as a great experience.  Much to my surprise, they chose one of my photos!  I hope they award me another opportunity.  
I would say I hope it is when I am not so busy....but I always wish for business!


No comments:

Post a Comment